Sri Sai Ram Institute of Technology (Autonomous)
Sri Sai Ram Institute of Technology is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution, has been pioneered in the year 2008 by a great Philanthropist MJF.Ln. LEO MUTHU, Managing Director of LEO GROUP OF COMPANIES in the name of “SAPTHAGIRI EDUCATIONAL TRUST” at Sai Leo Nagar, Dharkast, near Tambaram, Chennai – 44.
Department of Management Studies
The Department of Master of Business Administration was established during the year 2009 with a vision to produce quality business administration professionals with an intake of 60 students. The department has been accredited by AICTE and acquired autonomous status under Anna University, Chennai. The department is well equipped with modern facilities such as, seminar hall, computer center, department library, audio and video facilities and a central library with latest books, national and international journals. The department is having eight faculty members with two doctorates and other doing doctoral programs in reputed universities. The department curriculum includes five specialization in Finance, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources and Systems. As part of development activities, we regularly organize seminars’ and workshops from the stalwarts of Indian Industries.
The Department has achieved a Gold medal (University first rank)in the first batch (2009 – 2011). The department of Management studies has produced 40 university rank holders with one Gold medalist within a span of 9 batches (2009 – 2019). The department has also placed students in reputed companies like RBS, TCS, WIPRO, Mahindra Finance, RR Donnelley, HDFC, CUB, Saint Gobin, Safexpress, BNP Parbas, Fidelity Investments, ICICI Direct, Accenture, Bank of Newyork, and many others.
To be a managerial leader in educating the Management Students by providing unique environment that fosters Research, and Social enrichment with Intellectual knowledge to acquire international standards.
- M1: To train the students in understanding the business and management concepts.
- M2: To provide a creative environment to enhance managerial skills to excel in their professional life.
- M3: Collaborating with industry for training, research, and consultancy and generating employment opportunities.
- M4: To inculcate self-discipline, values, and ethics among the students to make them socially responsible citizens, leaders, professionals & entrepreneurs.
Program Educational Objectives Statements
- PEO1: Foster students as successful management professionals with a sound business and entrepreneurial skills for ever changing business environment
- PEO2: Provide an environment that encourages creativity, critical thinking and effective communication for a vibrant business society.
- PEO3: Inculcate team spirit and leadership capabilities to develop business leaders to accomplish organizational development.
- PEO4: Impart ethical and moral values to create better citizens to the society
- PO1 : Managerial Skills
Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
- PO2: Decision making Skills
Foster analytical and critical thinking abilities for data driven decision making.
- PO3: Leadership
Ability to develop Value based Leadership ability.
- PO4: Communication skills
Ability to understand, analyze and communicate global, economic and legal aspects of business.
- PO5: Team Building
Ability to lead the team members in achieving the organizational goals by contributing effectively
- PO6: Profession ethics
Evaluate and combine ethical considerations in making business decisions
- PO7: Sustainability
Integrated business decision making and a long-term approach for sustainable development
- PO8 : Entrepreneurial skills
Entrepreneurial ability to turn ideas into action which includes creativity, innovation and risk-taking
- PO 9 : Life-long learning
Life-long learning to enrich knowledge and competencies for professional development